Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Leibster Award!

You know how it is when you haven't blogged all summer, except for a a few lame posts, so that it makes it harder to post because you don't even know where to start? Well that was me until Christy nominated me for this Leibster Award...(thanks Christy!) which will hopefully be the perfect thing to get this blog rolling again!
  SO...I guess I'm supposed to say 11 random things about myself, and then answer 11 questions...so here goes!
1. I love ice cream, so much so that when I was pregnant with my oldest, I gained 50 pounds because I ate it every single day in copious amounts! It took me a whole year to lose that weight, and so since then I rarely allow myself to eat ice cream...it sucks but I never want to go through that again..haha.
2. I love organization, but I'm just not good at it...so I go through cycles of organizing my house, then it becomes chaotic and I just have to do all it again. I wish I just had the ability to keep in organized...I'm working on it.
3. I love the summer, and I am quite depressed that it is overrrrrrrr.
4. I was homeschooled for grades 10-12.....and I hated every second of it. So ....
5. I find it insane that I am now homeschooling ( or will be when I get my act together) my daughter. For me, this is not the ideal situation, although we shall see how it goes! Maybe we'll love it so much we'll want to do it forever?!
6. I was a book worm growing up, but actually haven't read a book in ages...I hate this but I feel like the first book I pick up has to be the perfect one...and so I just keep holding out..
7. There are 7 girls in our family and right now, no two live in the same city. That sucks.
8. I love a good summer rain.
9. I am so proud of myself for successfully growing tomatoes and lettuce in our garden this year! My thumb is definitely not green....but I am trying!
10. I am excited by the fact that my son may start crawling in as little as a month, but dreading the fact that I will have to baby proof this house again...let's hope he is like his sisters and doesn't get into anything!
11. I secretly wish that I did one thing really well...like sewing, photography, playing an instrument or sport or cooking...instead of mildly trying and mildly succeeding at a bunch of things...

And now its question time!
1. If you could ask God one question right now, what would it be? Um, the question I ask every day: "Could I please have more patience?!"
2. If you could tell your five year old self one thing, what would it be? Enjoy your easy care free life!3. Why did you start a blog? Just as a place to write things down mostly that I can look back on..
4. If you only had one store to shop at for the rest of your life what would it be? Winners. Actually the American equivalent of TJ MAxx or Marshalls because they are better. 5. What make believe world out of a book would you love to travel to? Avonlea.
6. What do you order at Starbucks? I'm usually just a tall latte kind of girl, but if I want something cold I go for a coffee frappuccino.
7. What's your favourite time of day? evening....such a relaxing time that I get to spend with my husband...its something I look forward to after a crazy or hard day..sometimes the only thing that gets me through!

And now I'm going to make a couple of nominations:
 Jenna at Last Things First, a good friend and wonderful mama of two adorable little boys! 
 Ana at Time Flies When You're Having Babies who writes a cute and funny blog, with two cute little girls and another on the way!

Whew! That took awhile...now its time to go check to make sure all the kids are still alive.....







No comments:

Post a Comment