1. Two out of four kids have been sick pretty much all week so we've basically been watching shows and playing lots and lots of memory and cards. And reading stories. It seems that they are on the mend now so I'm hoping we can get out of the house this weekend!
2. William has a deep and burning desire to go to Russia. Because its big? I guess....he will just randomly sigh and say "I really want to go to Russia."
3. I attempted to grow some things in containers on my deck. I got a few cucumbers that really were the best tasting cucumbers ever. But then the plant got eaten by something. I don't know what. And I think we got two tomatoes and then none. And now there are two beautiful peppers out there. So totally worth it, right? I don't know what is wrong with my gardening skills.....
5. Sometimes so that we (I) don't have to go outside I let the boys bring their bikes inside the house. Mom of the year, right?
6. We are at a lovely stage in our family where the kids all get up on their own and make and eat breakfast on their own. So if we can ignore the noise and someone doesn't come in asking for a diaper to be changed, we can actually kind of sleep in till 7 or sometimes 8! I'm savouring it because I know things will change all too soon...
7. I really do hate to complain, but this time of year is really not so fun here. This is the first year that we aren't going up to Canada for a significant chunk of the summer and I am minding it even more than I thought. I miss those summer days of the kids playing outside all day....here we try not to go outside if at all possible. Ok complaining over.
Have a lovely weekend!