Gus is 11 months old and the cutest stinker ever. He is so different from William, who was laid back and took forever to do new things (at least as a baby...). He is a climber, and his latest feat is climbing on to the couch. Oh so annoying! But apparently so. Much. Fun.:
So satisfied with himself.
He also says some words.... or at least repeats them. About a year ahead of his brother on that one... He says "Up", "uh oh", "mama" and "Dada".
3. Ok enough with the bragging about my baby. I must have something else to say!
Oh! Here's some more interesting news: we bought a house! Or at least, made an offer and it was accepted! So assuming everything else goes through as expected, we will be home owners finally! At the ripe old age of 30.
4. Its actually only half a house. But my sister and brother in law bought the other half of the duplex! It has a gorgeous pool, and is on the canal so a boat purchase must follow soon! I'm excited, but it kind of seems surreal because it happened so fast, and I only looked at the house once so I am hoping I actually do like it....
5. Lent was long, as the kids gave up sweets AND TV, which let's face it, was more a penance for me. You better believe they've been getting their screen time this week!
6. Kelly asked for Easter pictures so I dare not disappoint...
When I look at this picture I can scarce believe how blessed I am. Can all those beautiful children be mine??!
Easter was lovely, although I only made it to Good Friday service, and then Easter Sunday Mass. Shane and the girls went to Holy Thursday Mass, and then we decided NOT to attempt the vigil with the boys in order to keep our sanity intact. But Maria had her little heart set on going. She walked around muttering to herself, "I wish I could go to the vigil!" So when she suggested just her and daddy go, the kind man hadn't it in his heart to tell her no, so away they went! She loved all three hours of it. Then on Sunday we had an indoor hunt, then went to Mass, had brunch with my sister and her family, went for a swim, then had supper at my in laws. Lovely, lovely, lovely!
7. All the birthdays in our family fall between Feb and July, so we are in the heart of birthday season:) This weekend should be a good one, filled with rugby watching and birthday celebrating! Ok the rugby may not be my favourite but my husband, the birthday boy, sure is!
Have a good one! But first, swing on by Kelly's, say a prayer for her son, and then check out what other folks are up to!
And from our lovely family to yours, Happy Easter!