Thursday, January 10, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Joining Jen and praying for her recovery!
1. I'm back from the land of limited internet i.e. my parents house! We spent two weeks there, which were fun, crazy, and filled with sickness. 5 out of 6 of my sisters made it home, and so we had 20 people, including 10 kids under 5 staying in the same house.
My parents with their 10 grandkids

2. About three different sicknesses were passed around, including a lovely stomach flu that knocked me out on New Years Day. Some people thought I just had a really bad hangover that had me puking all day long...but when Maria came down with the same flu that night, they were proved wrong.

3. We went skating, sledding, had two birthday parties, and a virtual baby shower for my sister not in attendance, shopped, went to the movies, and drank a lot of wine. All in between tending to feverish and puking children and spouses. 


Drinking wine with my two beautiful sisters

5. The girls received many gifts, including an amazing doll house, but Maria's favourite gift was the pack of gum in her stocking. Her own pack of gum..cost me all of 25 cents...I must remember that for next year!
6. For the first time in at least a couple of years, I went to the movies! My sisters and mother and I went to see Les Mis...and it was AMAZING!! Hugh Jackman was phenomenal to say the least. 
7. We have been housebound all week, because of sickness and the fact that our car has been in the shop....here's to hoping it is fixed today since I need to get OUT! At least to the grocery store since my cupboards are looking a little bare....
 Have a good weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least you were sick together! I'm sure you guys had a great Ryan-girls time! I can't imagine how much fun all the kids had too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, THANK YOU! I saw Les Mis last night, and on the way out of the theatre, the two friends I was walking with were talking about how disappointed they were in HJ's performance. I thought he was pretty great - and honestly, how could anyone complain about his voice unless they'd been plugging their ears every time Cosette sang? :)

    ReplyDelete