Friday, October 12, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday!

1. Fall has arrived this week. Last week I was still wearing shorts, but then Thanksgiving came, and it is now time to switch out the summer clothes for the winter clothes.

2. Felicity told Shane the other day "I love you better than Mommy, but I still love Mommy." But then the next day she told me "I was just kidding when I said I love Daddy better. I love you better, but I don't think Daddy will be sad." Haha....clearly she knows how to play both sides.

3. William has always been a great sleeper at night, but for some reason he is a lousy napper and I don't know what to do about it. Most times he wakes  up after half an hour, and only once in a while will have a 1 or 2 hour nap. I know I shouldn't complain because he is an angel child in every other way, but it doesn't give me much of a break during the day.

4. I can't believe how much Maria has learned in these first few weeks of school! She made a huge jump in her reading, so that now she is reading everything around her. I can imagine how different the world must be to her now that she looks around and sees words, rather than just random letters. So much fun!

5. We are reading Little House on the Prairie and my children are obsessed. Can you guess what they want to be for Halloween?

6. I started writing this post when the house was nice and quiet and I could think. Now it has changed, since my baby woke up from his twenty minute nap. So I can't think of anything interesting to say.

7. We went apple picking twice, so we are overflowing with apples. I've already made apple pie, apple crisp, apple muffins, apple granola, apple chips, apple sauce, baked apples, apple pancakes...so what should I make today? I'm thinking apple leather.

Go see Jen for some great Quick Takes!

1 comment:

  1. #2-hilarious!

    I have noticed that with our little lady, too...she just started Pre-K and is already sounding out words and her writing has improved drastically! It's utterly amazing how fast they learn.

    #6- so with you

    Apple leather...oooh!

    ReplyDelete