Friday, March 15, 2013

7 Quick Takes

Pretty much the only blogging I do these days is on Fridays. I keep thinking of things to write, then never get a chance to sit at the computer in peace to type them out. I keep putting it off every day until its Thursday and then I think I may as well wait till Friday and just write a quick take on it. Lamest blogger ever? That's me! But I'll keep at it till one day I can improve...I know if I stop I'll never start again!
 So here we go! Linking up with Jen yet again!

1.
How can the first take not be about our new Pope?! What exciting times! He seems like an amazing and humble man. I keep hearing more and more things about him that give me so much hope! For example, this one I read today: “Perhaps for that reason they might bring us to the courts. Perhaps, for that reason, for caring for life, they might kill us,” he said. “We should think about the Christian martyrs. They killed them for preaching this Gospel of life, this Gospel that Jesus brought. But Jesus gives us the strength.” 

2. Shane was blown away because apparently a few days before he had a premonition that the new pope would be named Francis.

3. On Wednesday I had just happened to tune into the live stream of the smokestack and the girls were absolutely glued to it. They were afraid to leave the room because they didn't want to miss the smoke! They watched it for an hour before I finally said I don't know if it's coming and sent Felicity to her "quiet time". Ten minutes later we saw the smoke and called Felicity down and we all hugged and cried. Or something like that. The girls were so excited to find out who it was.
The next hour was a little long but we had a cheerio party to kill the time.

I tried to get a picture to show what we were watching...
It was such an exciting day and a treat to get to experience with my girls who were so into it! 

4.
If you can't tell, it says "have a new pope speshill (special) supper"
 Maria likes to write me notes about things so she came to me with this one after we saw the new pope. So we had a little Pope party! Shane brought home some Argentinian wine, and we made dessert. I made lasagna, though which apparently didn't qualify as a "speshill supper". Sorry Maria. Hopefully it was still fun?

5. What else can I talk about that is not nearly as exciting or important? The fact that just when all the snow was gone and I thought spring was on its way, I woke up this morning to falling snow? Or the fact that spring coming means that we need to make plans about where we will be moving? Both are too depressing to talk about.

6.
The girls pushed Willy around in this car for the first time the other day. He was in heaven. He is not so into pushing it around though. The girls both used it to walk around for awhile before they started walking, but he is just not interested. Guess he won't be walking anytime soon, which is fine by me! Please stay my baby for a little while longer:)

7. I cannot write any more of these without going crazy! In between Felicity asking me to "come see!" the letters she is writing every two seconds (in which time I have typed two letters), and Maria reading every word as I type, I just cannot think anymore! haha I tried to type that fast enough so Maria wouldn't read it, but I just saw her laugh to herself, so I guess I failed!

That's all for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment