Saturday, April 21, 2012

What I've been doing these past couple weeks.....

A glimpse into my life these days:
 Changing diapers. I never new a kid could poop so much. 
 Breastfeeding. 
 Changing more diapers. 
 More breastfeeding.
 Yelling at my kids from my breastfeeding perch on the couch. "What are you doing?" "Stop running!" "No screaming!" "Stop hurting your sister!" "You'll have to use the washroom (get dressed, eat,etc) yourself, Felicity!" "If you don't listen I'll have to put you in a time out!" (which I can't do until after I've finished feeding the baby so the effectiveness is usually lost...)
 Further breastfeeding.
 Trying to feed the other two children and myself, usually with one hand.
 And trying to get some sleep, which is actually not going too badly...for a three week old! 

I really shouldn't complain because things could be much worse..... I could have two kids in diapers, like I did when Felicity was born...I could be up all night....my girls could be much worse behaved and could get into much more trouble I'm sure...and Shane could be really busy at school, instead of DONE SCHOOL FOREVER!! and off for a month (in which time we have to find a place to live, pack up and move...)
He is too cute for words!

I've actually been surprised at how easily I've adjusted to having three kids...the first day home I thought, "I have no idea how I'm going to do this when Shane goes to school!!" But after that it wasn't bad! I've even been brave enough to go grocery shopping by myself with the three of them...and I didn't die in the process...HUGE accomplishment:)

1 comment:

  1. Haha Beka you're clearly killing it! And why is it that as soon as you sit down to feed the baby everyone else decides to do something they're not supposed to do?? Story of my life...

    And he is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete